I was wondering how small FPV plane can be build, and decided to check it. As a air frame I used LDARC 450X foam plane, which is very small, but big enough to mount FPV gear. And everything ready to flight (including 450mAh 2s lipo) weights only 118g 🙂
So, we have following stuff on the board:
- 20x20mm HAKRC MiniF4 F4 Flight Controller – running arduplane which you have to compile by your self, cause binary version is not available now 😉
- BN-180 GPS
- QCZEK LRS 868MHz 100mW with FrSky 868MHz antenna
- 6A Turnigy ESC
- 2x Blue Arrow High Speed Digital MG Micro Servo 20T 0.5kg / .06sec / 3g from hobbyking
- Multistar V-Spec 1104-3600KV Multi-Rotor Motor (CW) from hobbyking, with LDARC stock propeller.
- Gaoneng 450mAh HV 7.6V 80C 2S1P
- Eachine VTX03 with camera from broken Eachine TX01
And to be honest, it flies amazing, I’m really happy with this little wing, which acts as a much bigger plane. It’s easy to lunch and 6km total distance on 450mAh little 2s battery is quite impressive.
Take a look…
Video quality is not the best, but telemetry make possible even longer missions without video. I would try next time how it works ;). Anyway you can always use telemetry data to visualize your journey.
And some more pictures of my tiny FPV wing.
And arduplane settings, you asked 🙂 http://qczek.beyondrc.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ldarc450_arduplane_setup.zip